Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rosey, an amazing lady.

Hi ToD supporters

Thanks so much to all of you who have already signed up to joining Team ToD at the Sheffield Half Marathon and family fun run. One of our amazing half marathon runners is Rosey Alexander. Rosey was diagnosed with Type 1 twenty years ago and this year we are privileged to have her join our team.

This is her story...
 
"I got diagnosed with Type 1 when I came to Sheffield Uni in 1994, at the age of 18. A husband, 3 gorgeous kids and a successful architecture practice later I'm still healthy and active. You can't ever forget that you're diabetic, but being Type 1 has never stopped me doing things, including running half marathons. This year I'm hoping to run my first full marathon too. 
I can understand how limiting it can be for kids with Type 1. Managing the condition is easier if you lead a sedentary, predictable existence. And what kid wants to do that? With support, research and improved technology, kids with Type 1 can get out there and run races, run rings around their parents, run their own lives." Rosey. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment