Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sunday's Cotswold Run....The Pressure's on!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for taking a look at the blog!  Its great to see it's been of interest to so many of you over the past few weeks!

There I was on Sunday morning at 5.30am getting ready to do my weekly long distance run.  I bet you think I'm mad.  I am mad!  I was visiting family in the Cotswolds and knew that I would have no other time to get the distance in!  And those rural roads are much quieter early on a Sunday morning!  It was frosty and I was shattered from the day before but I knew the marathon was 14 days away so there wasn't a moment to loose!  The pressure is on!

I ran from the village my parents live (Hook Norton) to the nearest market town (Chipping Norton) and took the longest root possible.  The great thing about the Oxfordshire countryside is that there are plenty of long steep hills to get your heart rate up and test your stamina!  Look at me now talking like a real half marathon runner!  All jokes aside, It was a real challenge getting up so early and throwing myself out in the cold knowing that I had 20K to run before getting on with the day!

And I did it in 1h 36 mins!  I was pleased with this time and the run was good compared to my last Oxfordshire run on which I fell and was left with a few minor injuries!

Thanks for your continued support!  If you read this then why not give me a comment!  It would be great to interact with you!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment