Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Time on your feet..." 7 days to go!!!!!

Ruth, Barry, and I arrived early this morning at Rother Valley to be joined by Sharon who got up even earlier at 5am to drive to Sheffield to meet some of the runners in preparation for next week. We ran about 6 miles and were then joined by our partners, children and in my case children's Grandma for a bike ride, (children, not us) followed by a picnic. It’s the middle of May and we were all wearing hats, heavy coats etc. We should have gone for a hot cooked breakfast somewhere warm and delayed the picnic for a warmer day! However, the weather didn't bother the children who had a great time.

Ruth and I have noticed over the past few weeks that when Barry (experienced marathon runner) is trying to get me to go a little further than I want to (usually aimed at me rather than Ruth as she has much more stamina than I) he always comes out with the same positive comment, "It's time on your feet." I'm not quite sure what it means but it reassures me that if I keep going I will make the 13.1 miles. However, today I felt very tired and knew I should stop at 6 miles while the others carried on for another mile or so.

This afternoon I took my son James to a bowling event organised by some other mums of children with type 1 diabetes who felt it would be beneficial for children and parents to get to know others with this condition. This was the first event arranged and is to be followed up in July by a picnic. Many thanks to the organisers Kate & Emma. This was also an opportunity to let other parents know about the fundraising and I am sure they will be keen to support the cause.

Plans for this week:
  1. Drink lots of water because I don’t drink nearly enough
  2. Deliver 'ToD' T-shirts to all the runners and children
  3. Convince my neighbour to hem the ToD red capes for the men running in fancy dress!
  4. 2 gym sessions and one 4m run. "A bit more time on your feet..." Barry et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment